Who We Serve:
Children diagnosed with serious or chronic illnesses sometimes need to be reminded of how strong they really are. Our goal is to help these children and their families experience life beyond illness by increasing a sense of normalcy, optimism, confidence, and belonging, combined with the thrill of college sports.
- Children ages 5-16
- Diagnosed with a life-threatening or chronic illness
- Required treatment and/or extended hospital stays has affected their social relationships
- Could benefit from a boost, both socially and psychologically, provided by a team of support
From basketball and football, to curling and synchronized swimming, athletic teams across NCAA Divisions I, II and III become all-star teammates and role models to their youngest team member. Athletes develop new outlooks on courage, commitment, and resilience, and are inspired long after the game ends.
- College athletic teams of any sport
- NCAA Divisions I, II and III, and NAIA
- Close in location to where an eligible child lives or is being treated
- Willing and able to commit for at least two years
- Lots of enthusiasm and excitement for bringing on a young team member