Office & Operations Administrator
Team IMPACT is a national nonprofit that provides an extended support network to children living with serious and chronic illnesses by matching them up with a local college athletic team. We believe that our program can help a child increase their confidence, optimism and sense of belonging through these relationships. Children feel like they are members of the team, contributing in ways only they can, to provide insight and inspiration to the student-athletes that cannot be found on the field or in the classroom.
Team IMPACT is looking for an amazing teammate with All-Star aspirations, the drive of an MVP, and Coach’s-Award-level hustle qualities to become the backbone of our office and key part of our operational team! Our organization now has a need for a proactive, composed, and highly organized teammate to help us run day-to-day administrative duties for that office, and we can’t wait to welcome our superstar on board to help! We are growing rapidly and expanding nationally – and the launching pad for all of this is our Quincy-based national headquarter space. Join us and become the voice of Team IMPACT, the face of our HQ, and the person our vendors & visitors alike can trust and rely on.
The primary goal of this position is to organize and coordinate office administration procedures for effectiveness, efficiency and safety. Related tasks include, but are not limited to: main phone line reception duties, oversight of inter-office communications, purchase oversight for office and kitchen supplies, basic inventory maintenance and tracking, vendor relationship management, assist with in-house recycling program, coordinate printing and shipping needs, manage office assets list and supply wish-list, and other various office and operational projects & tasks.
Administrative support for Director of Finance & Operations includes, but is not limited to communication with vendors, aid in travel planning and arrangements, basic meeting and document preparation, and the like- all while remaining calm and smiling in a fast-paced environment. This will require a strong level of discretion & confidentiality while displaying the ability to multi-task and prioritize appropriately as well.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications, calendaring systems, and office administration and machines;
- Ability to multitask and handle the unexpected while maintaining a high level of composure and positive attitude;
- Demonstrated experience balancing demands of fast paced, team-focused, work environment while creating staff systems and process adherence;
- Experience in a front-facing role, including but not limited to customer service, reception, or sales;
Ideal candidates will:
- Be intelligent and motivated, with a passion for Team IMPACT’s mission and vision;
- Utilize excellent interpersonal skills;
- Boast strong organization & documentation skills with discipline to pay attention to details;
- Display sound judgment and decision-making skills;
- Possess experience in nonprofit administration (preferred);
- Be proactive, flexible, coachable, and resourceful;
- Function well in a fast-paced team environment;
- Exhibit a creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements;
- Be a Self-starter; comfortable working both independently & collaboratively as part of a team;
Demonstrate a record of completing assignments with proven project management abilities.
Team IMPACT offers a competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, 401k with match, and a generous PTO structure, commensurate with experience and skills.
Team IMPACT is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where diverse perspectives and backgrounds are embraced, acknowledging that a team reflecting diversity of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/ domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, and veteran status allows us to serve our communities better. To that end, we welcome and encourage applicants to bring their authentic selves when considering employment opportunities at Team IMPACT without fear or concern of discrimination/harassment.
Team IMPACT’s main headquarters is located in Marina Bay in Quincy, Massachusetts. Around our office complex are numerous restaurants and a 685-slip marina. Tucked away in Dorchester Bay on Boston Harbor, Marina Bay sports amazing views of the Boston skyline and harbor boat traffic, and our staff love the chance to take a leisurely walk along the wide boardwalk -- perfect for soaking in the New England coastal atmosphere. Our office oasis provides a contrast to the fast-paced ways of urban setting across the water in Boston, but it lies only a few miles out of the city.
How To Apply
Please email a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, in Word or PDF format, to Careers@GoTeamIMPACT.org