Regional Director of Development, Mid-Atlantic
Team IMPACT is a rapidly growing national nonprofit that matches kids living with serious and chronic illnesses with college athletic teams, forming life-long bonds and life-changing outcomes. Through these matches, kids experience an increase in confidence, optimism and a sense of belonging. Student Athletes in our program benefit from increased civic engagement, empathy and a positive-team culture. Since our founding, we’ve matched 1,800 kids on over 650 campuses, and 50,000 student athletes have participated in the program.
In the Mid-Atlantic region, our athletic partners include Villanova, University of Maryland, University of Virginia, Duke, University of North Carolina, Pitt, University of Pennsylvania Georgetown and Princeton.
We’re seeking a dynamic, passionate and entrepreneurial Regional Director of Development to lead our continued growth in the Mid-Atlantic region. Reporting to the Director of Regional Strategy, this leader will manage our Regional Advisory Board based in Philadelphia while continuing to build our presence and funding base in hubs like Washington, D.C. and Charlotte. S/he will build upon a strong major gift / individual program, create corporate partnerships and lead signature events. The Regional Director will be the face of our work in the Mid-Atlantic and will be driven to grow our brand by engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders including sports teams, hospital partners and families. In addition to working closely with a Regional Director of Programs based in Philadelphia, s/he will be supported by a team of fundraising, marketing and operations staff in our National Office, and a peer community of Regional Directors throughout the country.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and inspiring leader to play a critical role during a time of extensive national growth as we scale up to create life-changing relationships for kids and families that need them most.
A successful Regional Director of Development will achieve the following outcomes within the first year of employment:
- Reach / exceed ambitious fundraising goals for the Mid-Atlantic Region in coordination with our individual giving program, corporate partnerships and signature events.
- Manage and lead our Regional Advisory Board based in Philadelphia
- Increase our brand recognition and public profile
- Continue building donor bases in other hubs in the Mid-Atlantic region including Washington, D.C. and Charlotte
In order to achieve the preceding outcomes, this hire will:
- Lead a Regional Advisory Board charged with accomplishing particular goals related to fundraising, partnerships, and increasing the number of family referrals and athletic team sign ups.
- Represent Team IMPACT externally and cultivate a network of relationships with supporters representing the private-sector, philanthropy, sports and media
- Reach ambitious fundraising targets building on Team IMPACT’s major gift program, corporate partnerships and signature events
- In partnership with the Regional Director of Programs, support third-party fundraising efforts on campuses and through marathons, young professionals events, etc.
- Participate actively in the Team IMPACT’s learning-community of regional leadership and national staff to share best practices and innovations while adding to a strong, unified organizational culture
- Work closely with program team to ensure coaches, student athletes and families are engaged in our events and can be strong ambassadors of the program to external audiences
- With the support of the National Marketing Team, increase Team IMPACT’s brand presence / awareness in the Mid-Atlantic region through strategic corporate and media partnerships
As incoming Regional Director, you will possess many, though perhaps not all, of the following characteristics and qualifications:
- Passion for Team IMPACT’s mission required; love of sports, power of teams,
- A successful track record in entrepreneurial or high-growth environments; motivated by the opportunity to build and grow ideas, initiatives or organizations.
- A strong track record of fundraising from a variety of sources; specific expertise in major gifts, individual giving, corporate partnerships and/or events highly-preferred
- Highly attuned instincts for authentic donor stewardship
- Experience and relationships in the Philadelphia (preferred), Washington, D.C. or Charlotte philanthropic, nonprofit and/or business sectors
- Superb verbal and written communication skills and the ability to serve as the face of Team IMPACT to diverse external audiences
- Driven, creative, entrepreneurial, and ambitious. A magnet for relationships and resources
- A belief in the power of sports/team as a vehicle for mentorship, social-emotional development, confidence, joy, camaraderie and friendship
- A commitment to the power of diversity and inclusion in all its forms- race/ethnicity, ability, gender, and every form of identity
Team IMPACT offers a competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, 401k w/match, a generous PTO structure, professional development, and all staff commensurate with experience and skills.
Team IMPACT is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where diverse perspectives and backgrounds are embraced, acknowledging that a team reflecting diversity of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/ domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, and veteran status allows us to serve our communities better. To that end, we welcome a diverse candidate pool of applicants and encourage our team to bring their authentic selves to work at Team IMPACT without fear or concern of discrimination/harassment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a resume and cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, in Word or PDF format, to Careers@GoTeamIMPACT.org. Materials can be addressed to Kevin Flynn, Director of Regional Strategy.
Applications for this position will be reviewed on a rolling basis.