Match Up Specialist
Team IMPACT is a national nonprofit that provides an extended support network to children living with serious and chronic illnesses by matching them up with a local college athletic team. We believe that our program can help a child increase their confidence, optimism and sense of belonging through these relationships. Children feel like they are members of the team, contributing in ways only they can, to provide insight and inspiration to the student-athletes that cannot be found on the field or in the classroom.
The Match Up Specialist will report to the Director of Programs and play an integral role in many facets of the Team IMPACT program. Duties to include the intake of Team IMPACT participants, stewarding families and teams through the match up process, and setting appropriate expectations or the experience for both parties. This role calls for a candidate who can accurately and consistently determine the eligibility and fit of each child referred, in addition to establishing and maintaining an active dialogue with both family and team, to ensure that best practices are understood and followed.
A successful Match Up Specialist will achieve the following outcomes within the first year of employment:
- Attain target number of matches are made of the highest quality
- Determine that accurate and obtainable expectations are set prior to the start of the relationship
In order to achieve the preceding outcomes, this hire will:
- Introduce the Team IMPACT program on introductory calls with families that express interest;
- Conduct a similar introductory call with college athletic team(s) to help facilitate a match;
- Steward on-boarding and match-up processes with both family and team, ensuring that all necessary documents are signed and returned, all questions answered, team training administered, and both the family and team are fully prepared to begin their relationship;
- Collaborate with Case Manager to ensure smooth transition from the match-up process to ongoing match support;
- Represent Team IMPACT at events targeting families, athletic programs or hospital partners;
- Gather feedback from families and athletic partners to inform continuous program improvement and to maximize the efficiency of the match-up process;
- Update and maintain of our database/content management system (Salesforce).
As incoming Match Up Specialist, you will possess many, though perhaps not all, of the following characteristics and qualifications:
Experience in a medical or social work setting preferred.
- A highly intelligent and motivated individual with a passion for our mission and vision;
- Proven leadership experience and project management skills and abilities;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are essential and include:
- Effective presentation skills;
- Active listening habits;
- Strong conversational skills;
- Knowledge of and comfort with advanced interviewing techniques;
- The ability to establish trust and rapport with key constituents;
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills;
- Resilient and adaptable to different situations and/or conversations;
- Ideal candidates will be flexible, coachable, resourceful and resilient and function well in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment;
- Strong organizational and documentation skills;
- Must be a self-starter comfortable in working both independently and as part of a team;
- Strong skill set in Microsoft Office 365 tools and software, CRM (Salesforce experience preferred), basic computer literacy and abilities;
- Ability to thrive and work collaboratively, with feedback-oriented and intellectually curious team members in our flexible, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- Possession of outstanding written and verbal communication skills, highly-effective presentation skills, well-practiced active listening habits, strong conversational skills and prior knowledge of, and comfort with, advanced interviewing techniques;
- Use of sound judgment and decision-making skills; candidates should be highly empathetic and adaptable, as well as solution-oriented. Your teammates should describe you as resourceful, resilient and customer service centric;
- High degree of comfort in operating autonomously along with the knowledge of when and how to advocate for the help and resources needed for success and ability to leverage individual circumstances to inform an appropriate response.
Team IMPACT offers a competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, 401k w/match, and a generous PTO structure, commensurate with experience and skills. Team IMPACT is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where diverse perspectives and backgrounds are embraced, acknowledging that a team reflecting diversity of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/ domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, and veteran status allows us to serve our communities better. To that end, we welcome and encourage applicants to bring their authentic selves when considering employment opportunities at Team IMPACT without fear or concern of discrimination/harassment.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Careers@GoTeamIMPACT.org