Overall Program Outcomes
Through Team IMPACT, each child should experience three key outcomes:·
- Increased optimism
- Growth in confidence
- Fostered sense of belonging
Student Athletes experience:
- College athletes gain an increased empathy for other people as a result of participating in the program, and see the world as much larger than themselves.
- Student athletes have a deeper appreciation for challenges faced by others and will be civic minded regarding their roles and responsibilities in their communities in the future.
- Student athletes become civic-minded and engaged in their communities following graduation.
Short Term Outcomes
After participating in Team IMPACT for 1 season/year:
- Children will demonstrate progress towards their individual milestones.
- Parents will report their children have positively connected with their teams and feel a sense of belonging.
- Coaches will report an increase in team connectedness.
- Collegiate Student Athlete Leaders will report an increase in empathy for other people.
As a result of participating in Team IMPACT for 2 seasons/years:
- Children will have an improved quality of life as demonstrated through their increased optimism, confidence and feeling of belonging, which will help them to better accept their medical circumstances and be engaged in their daily social interactions.
- Families will feel connected and supported, giving them a sense of normalcy and experience an overall lessening of stress for the entire family unit.
- Collegiate Student Athletes will have a deeper insight into and appreciation for the challenges faced by others and they will be civic-minded regarding their roles and responsibilities in their communities in the future.