Team IMPACT is a national nonprofit that connects children facing serious or chronic illnesses with college athletic teams, forming lifelong bonds and life-changing outcomes. Through Team IMPACT, a child battling illness becomes an official (non-playing) member of a college athletic team, attending practices, games, team dinners and more. After two years with the team, the child graduates from the program with demonstrated improvements in their optimism, confidence and sense of belonging. Parents and siblings gain a community of support and a distraction from medical realities, and student athletes gain invaluable inspiration and perspective that will be carried with them long after graduation.
Since 2011, Team IMPACT has matched 1,700 children with nearly 600 colleges and universities in 48 states, positively impacting more than 50,000 student athletes.
The Engagement Coordinator is responsible for generating engagement and communication opportunities between Team IMPACT and the following constituents, with the goals of increasing brand awareness, generating community engagement, driving referrals, and (ultimately) raising money:
- Alumni (Children / Families / Student Athletes)
- Brand Ambassadors (Children / Families / Student Athletes)
- Student Athletes
The Engagement Coordinator will report to the Director of Marketing, but will work in a cross-functional capacity, partnering with different departments based on individual needs. He/she will be responsible for brainstorming/creating opportunities for engagement which may then be executed by various internal departments.
- Lead the continuation of relationships (Children / Families / Student Athletes) once the program’s involvement has ended
- Establish and maintain active dialogue with all constituents, ensuring best practices are understood by all
- Manage network of children, families, and student athletes
- Revise framework and design of current Alumni Program
- Measure and evaluate target populations’ progress towards the post-graduation milestones, and towards cultivating an awareness of Team IMPACT in their communities
- Examine the feasibility and practicality of a Family Mentorship program that empowers recently graduated participants to work with the new family that will join the team to which they were once matched
- Ensure all former constituents feel connected to Team IMPACT
- Work with Director of Marketing to develop a Brand Ambassador Program with the goal of supporting brand awareness, program growth, and outreach
- Train Brand Ambassadors to be the “face and voice” of the Team IMPACT brand/experience
- Identify network of families and student athletes who can become referral sources and program spokespeople on a national and regional basis
- Create social media content for Brand Ambassador use
- Represent the organization at events, maintaining a positive image of the brand at all times
- Oversee general correspondence with student-athletes via email, phone, and social media
- Build social media groups for student athletes (Facebook/Instagram/LinkedIn) to increase engagement and capture quotes and stories
- Work with Program Team to develop system to capture pertinent contact information during participation in Team IMPACT program
- Integrate information into Salesforce
- Capture updated contact information (non-school-based) to ensure seamless communication post-graduation
- Create and populate a resume database of student athletes to use for Corporate Partnerships (internships, job opportunities, mentorships, networking)
- Gain feedback on ideas to improve the experience
- Identify potential Brand Ambassadors and Fellows
- Bachelor’s degree
- A passion for our mission and vision
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish trust and rapport with key constituents
- Strong networking skills
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills
- Resilient and adaptable to different situations and/or conversations
- Self-starter comfortable working both independently and in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Engagement / volunteer experience preferred
- Interest and/or experience in event planning preferred
Team IMPACT offers a competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, 401k w/match, and a generous PTO structure, commensurate with experience and skills.
Team IMPACT is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where diverse perspectives and backgrounds are embraced, acknowledging that a team reflecting diversity of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/ domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, and veteran status allows us to serve our communities better. To that end, we welcome and encourage applicants to bring their authentic selves when considering employment opportunities at Team IMPACT without fear or concern of discrimination/harassment.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Careers@GoTeamIMPACT.org