Director of Marketing and Communications
Team IMPACT is a national nonprofit that provides an extended support network to children living with serious and chronic illnesses by matching them up with a local college athletic team. We believe that our program can help a child increase their confidence, optimism and sense of belonging through these relationships. Children feel like they are members of the team, contributing in ways only they can, to provide insight and inspiration to the student-athletes that cannot be found on the field or in the classroom.
The Director of Marketing and Communications provides leadership and guidance to advance organizational goals, delivers strategic services to Team IMPACT’s Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors, and is responsible for implementing strategies nationally, across all marketing efforts and communication channels. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and serves as a member of the senior management team.
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the success of the national marketing and communication goals of the organization, as well as contributing to the broader success of the organization through their leadership and support.
- STRATEGY: In partnership with the CEO, Senior Leadership Team, and key strategic partners, develop and execute a targeted and proactive year-round, cross-channel communication and media strategies to meet three primary current marketing goals: increase enrollment of children and teams in our program; grow brand recognition on a national scale; help drive revenue to support national expansion.
- CONTENT STRATEGY AND DEVELOPMENT: Utilize unique, innovative and cross-channel storytelling techniques to illustrate the Team IMPACT experience beyond our “Draft Days”. Demonstrate to media, followers, friends and donors the importance of our work and the need for their support.
- BRAND: Manage organization-wide brand strategy implementation: refine and track brand success metrics and the integration of the new brand across all communications locally and regionally. Oversee creative development and contribute to visual and copy direction.
- DIGITAL: Establish benchmarks, then develop and execute a metrics-driven digital marketing and social media strategy—increasing our followers, reach, and engagement, to result in new participants, awareness and fundraising. Proven success in creating, managing and measuring innovative digital/media campaigns, including paid, owned and earned programs.
- ANALYSIS: Analyze performance of campaigns, identifying areas of growth and how metrics pair with organizational goals. Report to CEO regularly; present plan and progress towards goals at quarterly Board of Directors at Board meetings.
- MANAGE: Monitor and work within growing national marketing budget. Create and manage a high performing team, providing supervision and support to direct reports, while being a hands- on contributor. Coordinate agency providers, consultants, freelancers and other suppliers, including contract negotiation and management – most frequently PR, design, video, copywriter services.
- LEADERSHIP: Provide strategic thought leadership and develop key tools and processes to ensure ongoing success of marketing programs and communication strategies. Participate in organization-wide problem-solving and decision-making as a member of the senior management team. Stay current with marketing trends to position Team IMPACT in the optimal place for continued success towards its organizational goals.
- Bachelor of Arts. MBA or advanced degree in Marketing preferred.
- 8+ years of demonstrated success, including senior level responsibility in non-profit, agency or corporate marketing/communications.
- Demonstrated track record of building, managing and mentoring teams that produce high- quality results.
- Proven success in creating and launching effective cause marketing partnerships, media partnerships and communications platforms.
- Strong leadership, analytical, and strategic planning skills, including evidence of ability to work across organizational boundaries to achieve results.
- Demonstrated creation of marketing performance reports.
- Dedication to excellence in communications - written and verbal; possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Evidenced ability to operate in a flexible, entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment.
- Experience in sports media/marketing preferred, but not required.
Team IMPACT offers a competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, 401k w/match, and a generous PTO structure, commensurate with experience and skills.
Team IMPACT is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where diverse perspectives and backgrounds are embraced, acknowledging that a team reflecting diversity of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/ domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, and veteran status allows us to serve our communities better. We welcome and encourage applicants to bring their authentic selves when considering employment opportunities here, without fear or concern of discrimination/harassment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, in Word or PDF format, to Careers@GoTeamIMPACT.org
Applications for this position will be reviewed on a rolling basis.