Regional Director, Program - Mid-Atlantic
Team IMPACT is a national nonprofit that provides an extended support network to children living with serious and chronic illnesses by matching them up with a local college athletic team. We believe that our program can help a child increase their confidence, optimism and sense of belonging through these relationships. Children feel like they are members of the team, contributing in ways only they can, to provide insight and inspiration to the student-athletes that cannot be found on the field or in the classroom.
The Regional Director will report to the Director of Programs and play an integral role in all facets of the Team IMPACT program specifically pertaining to the area including Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, D.C., Virginia, West Virginia and North Carolina. Duties to include the intake of Team IMPACT participants, stewarding families and teams through the match up process, cultivating the medical and athletic network within the region, in addition to brand awareness. This role calls for a candidate who can accurately and consistently determine the eligibility and fit of each child referred, in addition to establishing and maintaining an active dialogue with both family and team, to ensure that best practices are understood and followed.
A successful Regional Director will achieve the following outcomes within the first year of employment:
- A pipeline of consistent children who are an appropriate fit for Team IMPACT;
- Relationships built with key medical and athletic constituents in an effort to sustain a medical and athletic network throughout the region;
- Matches are made of the highest quality and accurate and obtainable expectations are set prior to the start of the relationship.
In order to achieve the preceding outcomes, this hire will:
- Introduce the Team IMPACT concept and explaining the program in great detail on introductory calls to each family that expresses interest in getting involved with the Team IMPACT program;
- Collaborate with key medical constituents in order to better understand child’s medical diagnosis as it applies to determining eligibility and fit;
- A similar introductory call with the college athletic team(s) once a potential team is targeted for the family;
- Steward on-boarding and match-up processes with both family and team, ensuring that all necessary documents are signed and returned, all questions answered, team training administered, and both the family and team are fully prepared to begin their relationship;
- Oversee “TI Fellows”, our growing army of on-campus volunteers, and help them implement a structured training and brand awareness campaign on their campus. Assist in identifying the next best steps based on the individual needs of each particular campus;
- Maintain active dialogues with our current roster of medical and athletic ambassadors and advisors to continually strengthen and grow our network in an effort to maintain their interest and active participation;
- Represent Team IMPACT at events throughout the region;
- Gain feedback on ideas in improving the experience for TI families in addition to getting referrals of other families and teams that would be interested in participating;
- Update and maintenance of our database/content management system (Salesforce).
As incoming Regional Director, you will possess many, though perhaps not all, of the following characteristics and qualifications:
- A highly intelligent and motivated individual with a passion for our mission and vision;
- Proven leadership experience and project management skills and abilities;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are essential and include:
- Effective presentation skills;
- Active listening habits;
- Strong conversational skills;
- Knowledge of and comfort with advanced interviewing techniques;
- The ability to establish trust and rapport with key constituents;
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills;
- Resilient and adaptable to different situations and/or conversations;
- Ideal candidates will be intellectually aggressive, flexible, coachable, resourceful and resilient and function well in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment;
- Strong organizational and documentation skills with the ability and discipline to pay attention to all the details;
- Must be a self-starter comfortable in working both independently and as part of a team;
- Strong skill set in Microsoft Office 365 tools and software, CRM (Salesforce experience preferred), basic computer literacy and abilities;
- You thrive while working collaboratively with feedback oriented, intellectually curious team members in a flexible, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills: you bring effective presentation skills, practice active listening habits, have strong conversational skills and prior knowledge of and comfort with advanced interviewing techniques;
- You have sound judgment and decision-making skills; you are empathetic and adaptable and solutions- oriented. Your teammates describe you as resourceful, resilient and customer service orientated;
- You are highly comfortable operating autonomously, but also know when and how to advocate for the help and resources needed for success, leveraging individual circumstances to inform an appropriate response;
Team IMPACT offers a competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, 401k w/match, and a generous PTO structure, commensurate with experience and skills.
Team IMPACT is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where diverse perspectives and backgrounds are embraced, acknowledging that a team reflecting
diversity of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/ domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, and veteran status allows us to serve our communities better. To that end, we welcome and encourage applicants to bring their authentic selves when considering employment opportunities at Team IMPACT without fear or concern of discrimination/harassment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, in Word or PDF format, to Careers@GoTeamIMPACT.org.
Applications for this position will be reviewed on a rolling basis.