Team IMPACT is a national nonprofit that provides an extended support network to children living with serious and chronic illnesses by matching them up with a local college athletic team. We believe that our program can help a child increase their confidence, optimism and sense of belonging through these relationships. Children feel like they are members of the team, contributing in ways only they can, to provide insight and inspiration to the student-athletes that cannot be found on the field or in the classroom.
Case Managers will report to the Director of Case Management and play an integral role in the maintenance of the Team IMPACT program which includes: managing TI relationships between participating families and teams, measuring and evaluating target populations’ progress towards their milestones and outcomes, as well as helping cultivate and develop the medical and athletic networks within their region. The work centers around not only establishing and maintaining active dialogues with both families and teams, but also ensuring that best practices are understood by all, and that expectations of all parties are being met. Case Managers will work to ensure the highest quality of relationship possible, in addition to implementing the graduation process to conclude the formal relationship.
A successful CM will achieve the following outcomes within the first year of employment:
- Cases for which they are responsible achieve the best possible experience for the family and the team.
- Monitor and evaluate as the child, family and team progress through their relationship to make sure each are hitting the milestones expected at that point of the relationship.
- The entire family is involved to the extent they choose and are provided additional resources and opportunities as applicable.
In order to achieve the preceding outcomes, this hire will:
- This position involves actively managing the relationships between the family and the team (the Cases”) from the initial match throughout the two-year relationship. This involves regular dialogue with both the family and team, creating a meaningful experience for all participants from Draft Day through to Graduation;
- Ensuring that the quality of match is maintained throughout the duration of the relationship and that the child is provided with active and consistent socialization;
- Applying a structured ‘relationship management methodology’, which measures the child’s improvement in the specific areas of confidence, optimism and sense of belonging. This consists of collecting both quantitative (quality of life surveys) and qualitative (anecdotal evidence from parents, medical staff, coaches, etc.) data to measure the child’s growth and development;
- Implementing the graduation process once the child is ready to transition into an ‘alumnus’ of the program;
- Gaining feedback on ideas about improving the experience, in addition to getting referrals of other families and team that would be interested in participating;
- Updating and maintaining the database (Salesforce)/content management systems.
As incoming CM, you will possess many, though perhaps not all, of the following characteristics and qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in Social Work or a Child Life certification
- A highly intelligent and motivated individual with a passion for our mission and vision;
- Proven leadership experience and project management skills and abilities;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are essential and include:
- Effective presentation skills;
- Active listening habits;
- Strong conversational skills;
- Knowledge of and comfort with advanced interviewing techniques;
- The ability to establish trust and rapport with key constituents;
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills;
- Resilient and adaptable to different situations and/or conversations;
- Ideal candidates will be intellectually aggressive, flexible, coachable, resourceful and resilient and function well in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment;
- Strong organizational and documentation skills with the ability and discipline to pay attention to all the details;
- Must be a self-starter comfortable in working both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to thrive and work collaboratively, with feedback-oriented and intellectually curious team members in our flexible, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- Possession of outstanding written and verbal communication skills, highly-effective presentation skills, well-practiced active listening habits, strong conversational skills and prior knowledge of, and comfort with, advanced interviewing techniques;
- Use of sound judgment and decision-making skills; candidates should be highly empathetic and adaptable, as well as solution-oriented. Your teammates should describe you as resourceful, resilient and customer service centric;
- High degree of comfort in operating autonomously along with the knowledge of when and how to advocate for the help and resources needed for success and ability to leverage individual circumstances to inform an appropriate response.
Team IMPACT offers a competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, 401k w/match, and a generous PTO structure, commensurate with experience and skills.
Team IMPACT is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where diverse perspectives and backgrounds are embraced, acknowledging that a team reflecting
diversity of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/ domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, and veteran status allows us to serve our communities better. To that end, we welcome and encourage applicants to bring their authentic selves when considering employment opportunities at Team IMPACT without fear or concern of discrimination/harassment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, in Word or PDF format, to Careers@GoTeamIMPACT.org.
Applications for this position will be reviewed on a rolling basis.